Art of the Edit
• manuscript appraisal
• stylistic and substantive editing
• copyediting and proofreading
• research, writing, and rewriting
• thesis and dissertation editing
• workshops for small groups
Lin Gibson Editorial Services
How does it work?
Let’s talk. Tell me a bit about your project, what you feel it needs, your timeline, and your budget. In most cases, I will ask you for a few sample pages so I can give you a more accurate estimate of how long the work will take and what it will cost. Once we’ve come to an agreement, I will ask you to sign a contract and then we’re off to the races!
Here are a few things that may help you decide whether we’re a good fit:
• I am happy to take projects on short notice if my schedule permits.
• I have extensive experience working with writers whose first language is not English.
• Many of my clients come from the arts sector.
• I do not do STM (science, technology, medicine) editing, but I'm open to just about anything else.
• All work on theses and dissertations requires the written approval of the advisor.
• I am a member in good standing of Editors Canada.
• I use the Editors Canada Standard Freelance Editorial Agreement, which can be tailored to the specifics of your project.
• Billing is by the hour or the project.
• A 50% deposit, preferably via e-transfer, is usually required to secure services.
© Lin Gibson 2018